Welcome to the s3gw project
About the project
What are we doing?
The s3gw project helps Kubernetes users who need object storage (S3) to back up their application data to a (Longhorn) PV by offering a lightweight, Open Source S3 service, which is easy to deploy in a Cloud Native world.
Why are we doing it?
We have identified a need for making cluster data backups easily available for apps that do not require petabyte-scale storage.
- An intuitive UI
- S3 API compatibility
- Kubernetes-native management
- Leverages the feature-rich S3 gateway from Ceph
- Strong integration with the Rancher Portfolio
- Epinio: Backups/CRDs
- Harvester: Backups
- OPNI: Backups
- SAP Data Intelligence
- Ideal for small-scale deployments/Edge
- Lightweight, simple User Experience
- Simple: Storage/replication handled by a PV (Longhorn)
- Designed to integrate with Rancher's product catalog
- Open source licensing (Apache 2.0)