Use Markdown Any Decision Records
Context and Problem Statement
We want to record architecture, design and code decisions made in the project.
Which format and structure should these records follow?
Where should the records live?
- MADR 3.0.0 – The Markdown Any Decision Records
- SUSE Confluence
MADR in aquarist-labs/s3gw, because
- Architecture, design and code decisions should be open and public
- Github merge request workflow adds an easy review workflow we already know and use for code.
- Implicit assumptions should be made explicit.
- MADR allows for structured capturing of any decision.
- The MADR format is lean and fits our development style.
- The MADR structure is comprehensible and facilitates usage & maintenance.
- The MADR project is vivid.